Dovetail’s mission is to drive success for our clients by providing highly effective technological advice and expertly crafted software systems.
We provide a wide variety of custom software solutions for enterprise and government clients.
We have an opening for a key role, to engage with enterprise and government clients producing clear, concise, and actionable requirements for the development team.
The Business Analyst will also be part of the QA function, ensuring that the development team’s output matches expectations.
- Working with the client to understand their businesses, to identify requirements and to design custom software to meet their challenges.
- Writing Agile-based stories that conform to best practices including acceptance criteria, positive and negative paths, etc.Documenting requirements and solutions, designing workflows and mock up screens.
- Working with SCRUM teams to define target scope, release planning, and grooming stories.
- Communicating challenges and solutions to stakeholders, including at executive level.
- Collaborating with development teams and clients to ensure requirements are fully met.
- Helping with software testing processes.
- 4+ years of Business Analysis experience, ideally working with external customers.
- Clear thinking, inquisitive and confident nature.
- Basic understanding of modern development technologies and approaches.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Degree qualification.
- Great culture. Dovetail is owned by two developer/analysts – you’ll be highly valued.
- Interesting work. We deliver a huge variety of custom projects across diverse industries.
- Satisfying projects. Our work is often publicly visible, not obscure projects inside a huge organisation.
- High impact. You’ll have a major role in an agile, growing company.
- Great environment: fast machines, multiple displays, Aeron chairs, fish tank etc.
- And of course a great package: market-beating salary, lots of holidays, health insurance, pension, gym, training budget… and occasional donuts.
Established in 2002, Dovetail specialises in bespoke applications. This means our work is extremely varied. The projects are also very satisfying as we cover the full project lifecycle. Our solutions are usually based on the Microsoft stack, using web technologies and Azure.
We’re very proud of our fun, open, and hardworking culture. Located in central Dublin we have extremely low staff turnover, so we’re doing something right! Find us at www.dovetail.ie.